This two day certified developmental baby massage training is for pre/postnatal yoga teachers/nursery nurses/midwives/neo-natal nurses and nannies and all those who work or wish to work with mothers and babies.
On this course, you will learn how to assist mother and child bonding and attachment and the attainment of motor milestones from birth to standing for all babies. You will gain knowledge that will be of benefit to your own personal growth as well as the mothers and babies that you teach. You will gain a very special insight into this period of development and be able to show mothers/fathers ways of relieving birth and intrauterine trauma and assisting their child to stand on their own two feet in a very unique way.
Please note: - Babies are welcome but they cannot interrupt the training - If you want to bring a baby you MUST bring someone who is able to take the baby is there is a problem - The person who is engaged to step in will not be able to sit in on the teacher training
Course details: 1. Emotional intelligence and a loving touch/bonding and attachment. Includes film and slides developing a loving touch, secure holding, and safe tummy time. Promoting overall good reciprocity to facilitate mother-infant bonding and attachment.
Remedial Touch techniques to relieve intra-uterine and difficult birth experience The Baby Brain (the Enteric) and the Central Nervous Systems Holding and stroking techniques prior to massage to relieve physiological flexion and abdominal tension and promote safe tummy time.
Techniques to release the phrenic nerve and diaphragm and improve respiration.
2. Developmental Baby Massage – 8 weeks to Standing Massage techniques and strokes are demonstrated to parents using a doll, with emphasis on loving touch, and responding to baby’s cues and communication. Infant development, nature’s milestones, joint flexibility, muscular strength and coordination, improving circulatory, respiratory rhythms, back strength and overall muscle tone.
3. Infant Balance and Good Posture First sitting position to second sitting position. Second sitting position to third sitting position Third sitting/squatting Crawling and standing Standing and walking Primary preparation for sitting and standing using gravity assisted techniques for stronger structural foundations
4. Therapeutic play to relieve stiff and floppy baby syndromes Includes filmed case studies and slides Early intervention and enablement Motivation and movement Cranial neuroplasticity Gravity and centralised movement Remedial touch massage and movement to relieve stiffness Floppy babies gaining and regaining head control Subduing the Moro Reflex Flexibility strength and coordination Gaining / Re-gaining arm and hand control Building back and core strength posture and mobility
5. Contra-Indications Safety, correct baby massage oils and usage.
6. Convening and teaching One to one and groups
High-quality resource: A copy of Peter Walker’s international best selling book ‘Developmental Baby Massage’ for all students. Plus all course notes for students and session notes for parents. Email firstname.lastname@example.org Bi-monthly newsletter Post-course support given for all teachers Available: International Clinic For Babies with Developmental Delay using Skype/FaceTime Email email@example.com
Early Bird price 3200,- by 5 August, 2019 3800,- from august 6, 2019 course fees include training, course booklet, hand outs, coffee, tea, and snacks